I used to be an over packer. I am the girl who came back from a year abroad with a 60 kilo luggage surcharge!
Then six years ago, I went to South America and was told to only pack three pairs of knickers for a month so I could have room for other stuff like a tent, sleeping bag etc. Ever since, I have been much better at capsule packing, which comes in handy when space is limited in the car.
I would like to add at this point that I took a lot more than three pairs of knickers for a month, I took seven! Which, incidentally,was also the amount of showers I had in a month while there, fun bit of trivia for you :)
This is what I took to Cornwall last week:
- Clinique CC Cream in Light Medium: this purchase was inspired by Charlotte at Write Like No One's Watching and her glowing review. It's brilliant stuff.
- Benefit Watt's up highlighter: really subtle but really pretty.
- Maybelline Eraser concealer in Fair : where has this stuff been all my life (the last five years)? Not used another concealer since I got this.
- MAC Prep+Prime Translucent Powder: I'm on my fourth tub of this, nothing else compares.
- NARS Laguna: pan well and truly hit. I use it every single day to look more alive.
- Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine: one of treat purchases after finishing uni work (might have failed though). It is stunning and I'm glad I finally caved.
-MAC Warm Soul: my favourite blush in the whole world ever, not even kidding.
- Smashbox Photo Op trio in Cover Shoot: great cool toned neutrals, looks really natural and sophisticated (or so I like to think)
- Bourjois Beauty Full mascara: loads of volume, no smudging, under £10
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rose Gold: the second post assignment treat, it is really beautiful, more pale pink than rose gold but pretty.
- Smashbox Photo Op trio in Focal Point: review soon
-MAC Quad with: All that Glitters, Handwritten, Sable and Brun. Warm toned neutrals!
Lip products: (can we please admire my pared down restraint here?)
- Sephora Rouge shine in #13: simple natural pink with right amount of sheen. Quite a strong scent though
- Clarins Lip Perfector in #05: my second tube of this, goes with everything
-NARS Velvet Matte pencil in Dragon Girl: review here
What are your holiday make up essentials?