I only use liquid foundations, it's a matter of texture. I don't particularly like powder on my face and absolutely hated the one cream foundation I tried.
|That's not even all of it! Mea culpa!|
As the title suggests, I like mixing foundations, I do it a lot when seasons change to get a better colour match and also it ensures I use all my foundations rather than favouring one at a time. My skin has been funny lately or maybe I have and what I used to think looked great, just doesn't quite cut it anymore so I mix it up, literally.
Here are my favourite combos:
- Maybelline BB cream and Dior Nude Skin: I love Dior Nude skin foundation...but it is a little bit difficult to blend. Just adding that tiny bit of the BB cream makes it more blendable but without losing any of the colour.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Bourjois 1.2.3 perfect: I've turned into a bit of a Bourjois foundation fiend lately. This gives me more coverage than just the Healthy Mix on its own, while the 1.2.3 perfect foundation helps make sure my T Zone doesn't get too oily.
- Origins Vitazing tinted moisturiser and Chanel Pro Lumiere: When I'm after quite full coverage, Pro Lumiere on its own is great. However , adding a tiny bit of Vitazing to it, makes it just that tiny bit sheerer and easier to wear.
- Make up for Ever HD foundation + MAC Matchmaster foundation: Same idea as my second combo but provides more coverage.
- Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua +MAC Studio Fix Fluid: This combination gives me the most exact colour match, medium coverage perfection.
Do you make your own mix too? Any good powder/cream foundations recommendations?