A quick recap of 2012, the first 5 months were pretty crap to be honest.
- living with the in laws for the first five months
- being ill for the first three months
- bored out of my mind with old job
And then things got better:
- buying our first house together (even though there is LOADS to do/ fix/ renovate/refurbish)
- going on a lovely and relaxing summer holiday to the south of France
- starting a brand new job, that's exciting and rewarding in the same school
- I went to Japan!!
- Lee starting a new job he enjoys
-going back to uni and thinking 'outside the box' again
- getting Millie (our cat) and I know it sounds silly but she makes the place feel like home
From left to right:
bottle feeding a lamb at my mum's/ my 30th birthday cake/ Lee and I/ Landscaped garden in Kamakura, Japan
On the beach in Japan/ The mess when we just moved in/ Head of Year no more/ Decorating
Life with asthma/ More decorating/ Millie the day we got her/ Getting my hair cut
2012 was also a year of realisations and finding peace with some of them:
- Health comes before work
-No matter what I do, I can't please everybody in my family so there is no need to stress about it
- Some friends, no matter how much time I am willing to make for them, do not make time for me and are always busy/fitting me in for a couple of hours max etc, never text back or at all. And even though, I'm still struggling with that one, it's getting better.
- Some people are not worth bothering with at all.
- Despite the ups and downs of this year, Lee and I are very lucky people. We have a great support network with both our families (even when they drive us insane!) and many absolutely amazing, fantastic friends who have been there for us.
Blogging wise, here are the 5 most read reviews of the year:
|1. Illamasqua Cream blushers|
|2. Boots 17 Mirror shine lipsticks |
3. Stila Convertible Colour in Lillium
5. Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lipstick pencils
And the 5 most seen FOTDs this year:
What were the highlights of your year?
I wish you all a healthy, happy New Year :)